Saturday, April 14, 2007

Who said it?

"There can be no fairer ambition than to excel in talk ..."

And, who would dare not agree with it!

Clue: 19th century Scotsman.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Louis Stevenson

Sunday, 15 April, 2007  
Blogger Sauntering Walker said...

Stevenson it is: congrats Mr or Ms Anonymous.
Did the clue give it away or is this opening line widely known? Or, perhaps you are a Stevenson fan and have read the essay?

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  
Blogger Blandwagon said...

I would have said Hoots McSporran.

And what exactly did he mean by "excel in talk"? Are we judging this like surfing (ie according to style within a set framework) or like cycling (ie long hard slogs with occasional sprints and the odd crash that takes out half of your team mates)?

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  
Blogger Sauntering Walker said...

Bland: I'll have to let McStevenson talk for himself in rounds 2 and 3 of the Scottish quotefest - i.e. more is coming. And if these don't satisfy, I'll give you a photocopy. Lucky you ;)

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home