Monday, September 04, 2006

The Inevitable 10

I've lurked in the blogosphere long enough for this to be inevitable -- a 10-things-you-didn't-know-about-me. This one is based on books, and I found it at Gentlemen, Hats Off!

1. One book that changed your life:
Theological Science, by T. F. Torrance

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Riders, by Tim Winton. Of course, I 'got' much more of it the second time.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
A blank notebook (with pen)

4. One book that made you laugh:
Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens. Not typically considered laugh-a-minute, I know; but the descriptions of Wemmick made me laugh.

5. One book that made you cry:
Hosea

6. One book that you wish had been written:
The Plain Man's Guide to the World's Most Popular Trees and Plants -- With Photos and Tips on How to Grow Them Successfully. Breathe.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The Da Vinci Code, by D. Brown.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
The Tiger, by Sophie Masson.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Meaning of Jesus, by N. T. Wright.

10. One book that you would use as a door stop:
I wouldn't.

Part of this 10-things thing is to pass it on to someone else. C. Stirling Bartholomew and Stevo on a Stick -- if you read this and haven't already done it, I'd be interested in your responses.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Stevo said...

Sorry, but my answers aren't very interesting. Although I read a lot I have trouble filling out half the list! I probably need to read more books.

4. Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
8. Seymour, an Introduction by J.D. Salinger
9. Origin of the Speccies by Nathan Jarvis
10. Still Not Sorry by Andrew Bolt (not that I've read it, but I can guess)

Sunday, 10 September, 2006  
Blogger Sauntering Walker said...

Cheers Stevo, those four are interesting enough for me. What's Seymour, an Introduction like?

Wednesday, 20 September, 2006  
Blogger Stevo said...

I found Seymour a bit of a chore to read. However, it comes along with another short story - Raise High the Roof-Beam, Carpenters! - that is really good.

Monday, 25 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home