158
On Saturday morning I recorded my highest score for a single turn in Scrabble -- a whopping 158! Let me share the glorious details. People who don't play or care about scrabble: stop reading now.
My 158-point word was muscling. The m and the g were on triple word scores, which, I found out after reading the rules, means that the point value of the tiles is multiplied by 3 and then by 3 again -- i.e. by 9. (So a word falling on two double word scores would be multiplied by 4). 9 times 12 equals 108.
Then, of course, there was the 50 bonus points for using all of my tiles in one turn. The final fillip was realising that the word is a nerb. 158-point nerb. It doesn't get much better :-)
There was one minor concession: I used two blanks. But, hey, 158 is 158. And, for that precious minority who care about such things, the game is still going and the score is 312 versus 226. Yes, I'm 312.
My 158-point word was muscling. The m and the g were on triple word scores, which, I found out after reading the rules, means that the point value of the tiles is multiplied by 3 and then by 3 again -- i.e. by 9. (So a word falling on two double word scores would be multiplied by 4). 9 times 12 equals 108.
Then, of course, there was the 50 bonus points for using all of my tiles in one turn. The final fillip was realising that the word is a nerb. 158-point nerb. It doesn't get much better :-)
There was one minor concession: I used two blanks. But, hey, 158 is 158. And, for that precious minority who care about such things, the game is still going and the score is 312 versus 226. Yes, I'm 312.
Labels: miscellaneous


3 Comments:
That's amazing. I once played a game of scrabble where my playing partner used 7 letters for his first move, and backed that up with 7 letters for his second move. I lost the game.
Sounds like your partner was (and presumably still is) the sort of person to avoid playing Scrabble with.
Hi Chris
Once I got 200 and something. The word was "quizzing" using one blank, z on a triple letter and across 2 triple word scores. However, it's very sad that I was actually playing against myself in years gone by, before I could pretend to play against a real opponent now that I am married. So I think yours is proabably better.
Post a Comment
<< Home