More Scrabble
For those interested in the outcome of the Scrabble game (see 158 ), it was 380 vs. 292. I won. And yes, I am gloating.
Part of the reason for the gloat is our combined score, which is rarely this high. According to the "Rules of Play" brochure, this is a very good score. I quote:
Many players have asked: "What is a good score?" [they have indeed!]. A total combined score (the sum of the individual scores) of 500 - 600 is good, 600 - 700 is very good, 700 and over, excellent.
What I want to know is who the heck are the excellent players out there? Please, please warn me if you are ever at our house and you see my wife or me reaching for the Scrabble board.
Part of the reason for the gloat is our combined score, which is rarely this high. According to the "Rules of Play" brochure, this is a very good score. I quote:
Many players have asked: "What is a good score?" [they have indeed!]. A total combined score (the sum of the individual scores) of 500 - 600 is good, 600 - 700 is very good, 700 and over, excellent.
What I want to know is who the heck are the excellent players out there? Please, please warn me if you are ever at our house and you see my wife or me reaching for the Scrabble board.


2 Comments:
Since you ask who are the "excellent" scrabble players out there, I thought I'd do a bit of gloating of my own. Until last week, I had only played a few games as an adult, but I downloaded the scrabble game at spintop-games.com a week ago and have since played dozens of games against the computer (sad reflection of my life that I've got nothing better to do during Christmas). We almost always get a combined score of over 600, very often get over 700, three times have got over 800, and once got over 900. The two highest combined scores were achieved when playing against the program's top level, called "Genius" (there are eight levels altogether). The first time I played Genius, we both scored over 400, but I won. Today, he got his revenge, beating me 520 to 433. My own highest score is 504, against level 4 (called "Smart"), though the combined score for that game was just under 800.
hah i just played scrabble and got a combined score of 776. yayy.
(i won too. high five.)
Post a Comment
<< Home