Thursday, April 05, 2007

Birthdays and moves

I blinked and missed March -- or most of it. My two big 'March-events' were a trip to South Australia for my wife's 30th and a house move. A couple of pics from each are below.

A champagne brunch for the 30th celebrations: all very sweet, except for swatting away wasps and stomping on bull ants. On a good day, this view extends for 100 kms (to the coast!). During the morning I discovered a new, sinister form of torture: a bull ant crawling up the inside leg of your pants while you are availling yourself in the open. Thankfully it didn't bite.



After the event we had some indoor 'fire entertainment'!

That afternoon I played golf on the world's driest golf course (Blyth, SA). The upside was we were the only people on the course, and I got to play in my socks and sandals. S-H-A-M-E, I know; but once you get used to them, they are so-o-o comfie. We found about 20 golf balls during the afternoon: people apparently stop playing after winter and when all the heathery-grass dies, the brown dust is covered with golf balls.



Living room of old house, mid-move, with boxes. I'll put pics of the new house up later. Imagine the same boxes -- but more of them -- in a far bigger, far older place. You get the picture.



A wall of the courtyard: my favourite spot at the old house.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the day with great fondness. Fantastic company, breath taking view, scrumptious food, beautiful birthday girl... LOVED it!

Carmen xxx

Tuesday, 01 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home