Botanical Art
What comes to mind when you hear the term "botanical art"?
If you're like me, it's birds, flowers, and staid images hanging on the dusty walls in the musty houses of the elderly.
Well, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong. My father-in-law has recently painted a series of close-ups of Australian native plants. They were partly inspired by a visit to the West last year: the prices that cashed-up West Aussies were paying caught his attention, I think.
Anyhow, I love them, and I hope you do too. There are others, and I can put you in touch with the artist if you'd like. Yes, this is a shameless plug.

If you're like me, it's birds, flowers, and staid images hanging on the dusty walls in the musty houses of the elderly.
Well, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong. My father-in-law has recently painted a series of close-ups of Australian native plants. They were partly inspired by a visit to the West last year: the prices that cashed-up West Aussies were paying caught his attention, I think.
Anyhow, I love them, and I hope you do too. There are others, and I can put you in touch with the artist if you'd like. Yes, this is a shameless plug.
Labels: art


4 Comments:
Love them! Where can I get one?
These are just gorgeous!
hey chris, they're great. watercolour?
did kerryn inherent the talent and/or inclination for her father's hobbie? i don't remember seeing any paintings of her's around your house but that could well just be my bad memory!
Hi Deb
Yes, watercolour. And, yes, Kerryn did inherent the talent -- we've got one of her paintings hanging, with, I hope, many more to come :)
Post a Comment
<< Home