Our changing climate
People who have followed this blog for a while will know that I am uncertain about climate change: about its extent, about the 'science' by which conclusions are being drawn, about the way public (non-)debate is taking place and about what we should or shouldn't do in response to our changing climate.
Being uncertain is okay. But, of course, it's not a strong position for those in public life to hold. This article by Senator Stephen Fielding, about his recent fact-finding trip to the US, is worth a look. He writes pretty well for an engineer ;-).
Being uncertain is okay. But, of course, it's not a strong position for those in public life to hold. This article by Senator Stephen Fielding, about his recent fact-finding trip to the US, is worth a look. He writes pretty well for an engineer ;-).
Labels: Climate Change


4 Comments:
Fishing for a flame war, Mr. Walker?
Very low brow ;)
Fair call, ultrabert: I know of a handful of engineers who can write.
You might find this link useful.
http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/06/16/some-notes-to-assist-steve-fieldings-exploration/
Thanks for the link to the crikey article. I read it and its chain of comments with interest.
I wasn't that satisfied with the definition of a tipping point ... "the critical threshold at which a minor perturbation of the climate system can qualitatively alter the state or development of a system..." -- but this is far from my field, so I shouldn't quibble.
Have you read the IPCC AR4 2007 Report that Andrew refers to? (I presume this Andrew is the author of the original article?)
I started on Garnaut and decided that IPCC stuff would be way out of my league.
Post a Comment
<< Home