Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Munificence

Usually I don't use words like this - especially not in conversation - as people might think I am a prat or a nerd.

But tonight, after reading the book of Micah, I was reminded that munificent is one of the most apt descriptions of God (see, especially, ch. 7 verses 18 to 20).

Of course, it means ...

No; you look it up!

PS Our visitor, Mr H (see previous post), has left his calling card on the toilet floor - delightful!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

munificent |myoŏˈnifəsənt; myə-|
adjective
(of a gift or sum of money) larger or more generous than is usual or necessary : a munificent gesture.
• (of a person) very generous.

DERIVATIVES
munificence noun
munificently adverb

ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Latin munificent-, stem of munificentior, comparative of munificus ‘bountiful,’ from munus ‘gift.’

Friday, 06 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home