Visitors
A honeyeater has been hovering in our toilet: flying in, flapping about, and, when any mere human enters, refusing to leave. We think he's eating the moths.
Don't panic, Mr H isn't entering through a window to take up residence inside; our toilet is off the back verandah, so he comes in through the wide open door.
One night last week, my wife was on the toilet and H was fluttering above her head. This unsettled her. So, I, clueless yet well-intentioned male (CYWIM, CWIM?), took up a broom and tried to prod and bully H from our facilities. This only agitated him. As soon as I left the toilet and put down my arms, relieved H calmly flew away.
In my 'umble opinion, comic domestic scenes such as these are worthy of a Dickens' novel.
Don't panic, Mr H isn't entering through a window to take up residence inside; our toilet is off the back verandah, so he comes in through the wide open door.
One night last week, my wife was on the toilet and H was fluttering above her head. This unsettled her. So, I, clueless yet well-intentioned male (CYWIM, CWIM?), took up a broom and tried to prod and bully H from our facilities. This only agitated him. As soon as I left the toilet and put down my arms, relieved H calmly flew away.
In my 'umble opinion, comic domestic scenes such as these are worthy of a Dickens' novel.
Labels: home and family


4 Comments:
Would love to see a photo of your little intruder.
Yeah, great scene Chris. I can picture it clearly.
What I want to know is, what kind of air-freshener do you use to have a honeyeater take up residence in your dunny?
Tara: no pics, unfortunately.
Dave: Well, u-hum, this is where crossing the private--public line of the blgosphere becomes uncomfortable: we don't use any airfreshener!
It's one of the advantages of an *outdoor* dunny. (There are plenty more ... :-])
Am I the only one wondering what the "plenty more" advantages are?
Chris - here is the web address for the recent article by Greg Sheridan in The Weekend Australian about the NGV Impressionism exhibition:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21932489-25377,00.html
His closing comments are:
"For myself, I can only tell you I've never seen anything so beautiful or compelling in any Australian art gallery."
Post a Comment
<< Home