From the mouth of a six-year-old
Today's comments were sweetly and earnestly made by Miss K.
During a pause when reading to me: "How do adults learn to read so much?"; followed by, "Sometimes when I turn the page, I feel very happy. Because it's hard to read a whole page." Amen Miss K: that's exactly how I feel when reading certain theologians.
An excerpt from Miss K's news this morning: "This is my Docker's hat. It got signed. Mummy can't read who signed it, 'cause it's signing writing." What a great euphemism for doctors' or lawyers' scrawl -- "signing writing".
During a pause when reading to me: "How do adults learn to read so much?"; followed by, "Sometimes when I turn the page, I feel very happy. Because it's hard to read a whole page." Amen Miss K: that's exactly how I feel when reading certain theologians.
An excerpt from Miss K's news this morning:
PS I recently spent some time in
Labels: kids' comments


3 Comments:
Signing writing? I think Mummy couldn't read it because it is illiterate Dockers scrawl. Oh yes I went there.
Hi Chris
Hi Chris
You're welcome to have gone there -- I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to footy. The bloke who wrote this article, however, would be far from indifferent (he's a friend): http://oneofusmustknow.blogspot.com/2008/04/essence-of-freo.html
Obviously I don't know how to put links into Comments sections of blogs. Do you?
PS I've read and re-read that article by Dreyfus on the Internet. Very stimulating. I hope to email you a few questions about it.
This is how I do links: [what you want to call it]
I would be interested to hear what you think about the Dreyfus article.
Post a Comment
<< Home