Another kid's comment
Some time after I'd been leaning over a group of students, helping them, a girl came up to me and said: "You smell just like my dad ... He works at IKEA."
The IKEA statement seemed to be an afterthought, a crumb of extra info. to identify her dad. I'm getting used to the seemingly tenuous logical links between kids' statements; in fact, I think they're delightful, a bit like little puzzles.
As for her first statement -- comfort plus, I say! I'll take a 'manly-smell' description any day.
The IKEA statement seemed to be an afterthought, a crumb of extra info. to identify her dad. I'm getting used to the seemingly tenuous logical links between kids' statements; in fact, I think they're delightful, a bit like little puzzles.
As for her first statement -- comfort plus, I say! I'll take a 'manly-smell' description any day.
Labels: kids' comments


3 Comments:
Lovely little quotes and stories, Chris. Thanks also for your email, I'm going to read it later. I was a bit scared to get a response from you on a fairly quickly worded and possibly ill-conceived question about faith. Probably not the thing to do when it was about the heart of the gospel? Anyway, I'll write more when I face the music and read your response in detail. Right now it's time for bed. You've inspired me to remember more of the funny things that my kids say! Grace and Peace to you, Chris.
Paul.
Telling your child "Pull my finger" results in a manly smell as well. This joke is the only right - nay, a duty - a father has.
albertina http://www.kindel.com/members/Vacuum-Cleaners.aspx trustee http://www.kindel.com/members/Annuity-Calculator.aspx firsts http://www.kindel.com/members/Bariatric-Surgery.aspx negotiate http://www.kindel.com/members/Electric-Blankets.aspx iadls http://cciworldwide.org/members/Furnace-Filters.aspx fixers http://cciworldwide.org/members/Vending-Machines.aspx tending http://cciworldwide.org/members/Kitchen-Cabinets.aspx jackal http://cciworldwide.org/members/Slipcovers.aspx appoint http://cciworldwide.org/members/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitors.aspx leitmotif http://cciworldwide.org/members/Popcorn-Machines.aspx priel http://cciworldwide.org/members/Garage-Door-Openers.aspx homer http://cciworldwide.org/members/Area-Rugs.aspx ranch http://cciworldwide.org/members/Omeprazole.aspx saksena http://cciworldwide.org/members/Vacuum-Cleaners.aspx harbors http://cciworldwide.org/members/Annuity-Calculator.aspx mbekic
Post a Comment
<< Home